Child Pedestrian Accidents on Halloween
One of the most exciting holidays for children across the nation, Halloween is something most children look forward to every year. Sadly, however, Halloween is one of the deadliest evenings of the year when it comes to pedestrian accidents. Since children are excitedly running from house to house, they often don’t realize that drivers aren’t necessarily keeping an eye out for them on the road. As Halloween slowly approaches by the end of this month, we as parents must do our part to prevent these tragic accidents from occurring.
Consider the following safety tips for helping your children stay out of danger this Halloween:
- Carry a flashlight, and make sure your child’s costumes have some sort of reflective light. Since it gets darker faster in the fall, visibility is essential.
- Watch out for vehicles backing out of their driveway, and make sure your children stay close to you.
- Look before crossing the street.
- Don’t jaywalk--make sure you only cross the street at intersections and marked crosswalks.
- Last but not least, remain aware of your surroundings at all times! Make sure neither you nor your children are texting and walking, as this can be incredibly distracting.
Contact Our Coral Springs Personal Injury Lawyers Today
At the Law Offices Of Adam Baron, we know nothing is quite as important as your child’s health and safety. This is why our Coral Springs personal injury attorneys are passionate about advocating on behalf of those who have been injured due to the negligence of another. We know an unforeseen accident or injury is incredibly devastating in a number of ways, which is why you should lean on us during this difficult time. Our experienced legal team will apply our over 25 years of experience to your case, navigating through any and all complications we come across.
Contact us at your earliest convenience by calling (954) 716-8976.