Boat Accident Attorney
Coral Springs & Naples Lawyers Dedicated to Helping Individuals Injured on the Water
For outdoor enthusiasts, Florida offers countless ways to get out on the water, including:
- Open ocean
While this is an amazing opportunity for residents and tourists, it also creates chances for something to go wrong. In 2013 alone, Florida reported almost 700 boating accidents—more than any other state in the nation. Even if you are doing your best to operate your watercraft safely, sometimes it is impossible to avoid becoming involved in a crash with another boat operator who is putting others at risk.
In the State of Florida, a Boating Accident Must Be Reported if Which of the Following is Present?
Like our roads and highways, the waterways are subject to numerous laws governing how boaters must operate their vehicles on the water, including everything from right-of-way laws to speed limits. Establishing liability in a boat accident case is similar to proving liability in a motor vehicle crash.
You may file claim for negligence in a boating accident if the following aspects are present:
- If the water was choppy or rough at the time of a crash, for example, whether the defendant was driving safely under these conditions would be a key consideration.
- If the defendant failed to observe any boating laws, the defendant is likely liable for at least some portion of the victim’s injuries.
The plaintiff must prove that this failure was the direct cause of his
or her injuries.
- By their very nature, locations on a river, lake, or ocean do not remain the same over time, making it hard to know exactly what conditions were present at the time of the crash.
- If you have been involved in a boat accident, it is important to take photographs and write down notes about the conditions that existed at the time of the crash.
The final element of a negligence claim consists of showing damages.
- These may be both economic and non-economic, but they must be reasonably quantifiable. Some common examples include medical bills, property damage, lost income, and pain and suffering.
- Death or disappearance of a person
- An injury requiring professional aid
- Property damage exceeding $1,000
Hear it from Our Satisfied Clients!
"Thanks to the law offices of Adam Baron. My attorneys Adam and Jason were efficient, courteous, and worked hard on my case. They were always quick with responses to my emails and calls. They were always willing to answer my questions and address my concerns fully. I would recommend them to my family and friends. Adam and Jason are very knowledgeable in Florida law. Their staff is helpful and friendly as well."
- Becky K.
Enlist a Boat Accident Attorney in Coral Springs
If you or someone you love has been involved in a boating accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Due to the high number of these events in Florida each year, it is important that you seek representation from a lawyer who is well-versed in negligence law. Our capable motor vehicle accident lawyers can advocate for individuals in Naples and the surrounding cities who have been harmed on the waterways. Our clients come from throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, including Coral Springs, Miami, Tamarac, Fort Myers, and North Miami Beach.
To schedule a free consultation with a boat accident attorney, contact us online or call us at one of our three locations: Broward County at (954) 716-8976, Miami-Dade County at (305) 770-2131, or Naples/Fort Myers at (239) 352-5511.